Friday 6 December 2013

Meet my boyfriend! --Wait. Who?

Boyfriends. Who exactly is a boyfriend? Is he the one who used to help you build sand castles by the beach? Or is he the one who says cute things to you to spread a smile across your face?
The word means different things to different people. And I have met plenty of different people to have realised this fact and thus to have been able to put it across to you today.
When I was in fifth standard, I had a 'guy' best friend. I used to literally spend my entire day with him. We used to play together, laugh at silly things together, cry successively and I used to be the initiator most of the times, and used to do a zillion things. In some days, a new girl in school started spending more time with him, and I started losing out on him. This was the first time I ever felt what jealousy feels like. It was frustrating. I don't know if you can call it love, I don't know if you can call it a crush, but that's what I'm talking about here. I wouldn't categorize it in either one, but for you, it might have seemed like love.
Love is a complicated thing which very few succeed to understand. If you are in a relationship, it doesn't necessarily have to be about love always. Nowadays people date people for unreasonable and unexplainable things. There is no trust, no "lovey-dovey" feeling, no blowing-wind-in-your-hair feeling. It's just pure politics. And hey, if you are in love, don't misunderstand me. I'm just generalizing things. So, go easy on me. :)
You probably must be wondering how I can quote such things without having experienced.
You are wrong, stop thinking on that line right away.
I am probably the most experienced person you could turn to. I know it's nothing to brag about, but seriously, I could save you from getting into a lot of shit that I have already been into.
After much thought put into this, I have come to the realization that, rather than believing "Love is Life" which most of us newly-turned-adults tend to believe, we must look at it in a different perspective : "Life is Love".
Love is what you want. So make life the way you want it to be. Love its nature of bringing new experiences everyday, love its sweet memories, love it for its complexity and simplicity, love it for making you meet so many new wonderful people, Love it for letting you dream and for letting you be independent of someone to love you. You don't really need anyone to express their love for you if you realize your importance.
Ask yourself, why exactly do you have a boyfriend? What does he mean to you? Is it about love? Or is it just a feeling of love that you get from that person, that you feel cared for?
Love yourself, and everyone else will love you. :) You are beautiful however you are, you don't need anyone to tell you that. And you are special. Just look around into the real world, and you will find your path to your dreams.


P.S. This is for you pretty girls.

7 comments:

  1. I have been following your posts and I expected this one coming actually. =)
    Nice write up. Keep it going. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha really? :P Okay now that's weird to expect. Anyway, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So who is it that you had in mind when you were writing this ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls who get tricked into a lot of false commitments and later go into so much depression that they consider it the end of their life. Also, the girls who think having a boyfriend gives them a high status in college.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KRITI !!thats a wonderful write up!!:) !! really enjoyed reading it:)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice write-up Kriti !! I liked it !!! :-D

    ReplyDelete