Sunday 8 December 2013

Sweat to Fit into your Old Jeans.

First of all, I'm overwhelmed by the responses I'm getting from you guys. I love your mails. Keep them coming. :)

Today, let me talk about something that actually is a major part of my life but hasn't yet been written about. It is - Fitness. Fitness is literally a big part of my life. It's what I live by everyday. If you ask the people who live with me or who know me, they would probably call me a freak. According to them, I wake up in this super-zombie mode, put on my running shoes and shoot out of my window. Yes, we all have our own weird imaginations and theories.
So, getting back to the topic, ever since I started working out, my life has changed, and I'm doing serious talk here. Like seriously.
Don't believe me? What if I told you that I lost 11 kgs in a year? Yes, it's true. I'm not bull-shitting with you this time. I know you must have watched all sorts of  advertising for 'calorie burning belts and creams' and all kinds of crap. But trust me, there is no shortcut to fitness. It requires dedication and patience. A lot of patience.
I used to be this plump kid who was good-looking but just wasn't good enough. And then I met this amazing person, Loka. 
He was a real inspiration. I got to know that he is a marathoner and so are his parents. He told me all about running. Told me how I shouldn't have so much hatred towards it and how it's not so bad. I decided to try. And so I started out on this amazing journey of fitness and happiness. It has been four years now that I have been working out, and I have never felt better.
Most people think it's very cool to just go with the flow of today's gen, munching on lays and kurkure all the time and drinking alcohol. If even one person at the dinnertable says, "No sugar please", people stare at that person for a moment and then have a good laugh about it. But only you know the consequences of such a lifestyle. So, don't worry about  others, you do what you believe.The start of anything is always a discomfort. But that shouldn't stop you. When a person gets used to a certain thing, it becomes a habit and comes naturally. Following the same law of nature, exercise also becomes a habit. And when it does, it's the most amazing feeling in the world.
To many, starting an exercise routine comes with a hundred excuses. The list goes something like this:
1. I work through the night and thus can't wake up early in the morning to fit in exercise.
--> There are 24 hours in a day. Be honest to yourself and tell me how you cannot spend just one hour for working out.
2. Exercise is boring.
--> You can't hate all the forms of exercises! Find your area of interest : dance, swimming, skating, running, cycling, skipping, and ofcourse, gymming.
3. It's pointless. Anyway, I will gain weight at some point of my life. So why bother?
--> You will die at some point in your life, then why bother living?
...

No apples are needed to keep you away from the doctor. Try raising your heart beat instead, and feel superhuman :) This is probably one of the best things that has happened to me. If you already are a workout person, then you know what I'm talking about.
To those of you who are yet to experience it, a whole new world is waiting to be discovered, you just need to find a little bit of time and put in a little bit of effort. When you do, I promise you that you will come and kiss me for this. :P
Go ahead and have fun!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing article....(y)...keep going..keep inspiring

    ReplyDelete